Friday, August 27, 2010

Young Minds!


Well to start off, I am not a consistent blogger! My goal was to blog every couple of weeks this summer, and really I have only blogged a couple times this summer. Oh, well! I am not going to bore you with every detail of the past few months, just the last couple of weeks!!! ( :

I titled this entry, Young Minds, because Laney's little brain and mouth are cracking me up lately. I love having conversations with her and watching her play when she is not looking. Today, we were on a walk in our neighborhood. I pointed out an American flag to Laney, and she asked what America was. I tried to explain that America is our country and where we live. Well let's just say, it became a heated debate between the two of us! Laney was appalled when I told he we live in America. She said, "NO Mommy, we live at home!". With a little chuckle, I responded that yes we live at home, but our home is in America." This debate went on for a couple of minutes until I said that America is a country like China. This statement must have sparked something because her response was, "Oh, like how Kai Lan's home is in China!". It is amazing how everything can relate to a Nick Jr. show. ( :

Both Laney and Leah have enjoyed their summer. We have done lots of swimming at Nana's and Papa's. Andy has finished about 1/2 of the girls' swing set and they both love to swing. Laney is anxiously awaiting the completed project so she can slide and go through her tunnel. Earlier in August, the four of us went down to Arcola for the day to visit with Dad, Cinda and her family. There is a small lake there and a beach. Laney was in heaven! She played in the water and sand all afternoon. Leah loved the water also, but spent most of her time under the tree.

A few weeks after that, the girls and I went down to Rochester for the weekend since Andy was busy working on his parents' new house. My original plan was to take the girls to the State Fair. I thought it would be fun for Laney to go down the big slide, see the farm animals, and the butter cow. Not to mention, I was really looking forward to a Pronto Pup and some french fries! It was a typical State Fair weekend with temps reaching around 97 degrees. Needless to say, I put a kabosh on the fair. So instead, the girls and I went to Knight's Action Park with Dad, Cinda and her daughter's family. What a great afternoon it was! Laney showed no fear and went down the little kids version of the big water slide. Leah lounged in the pools and drew oohs and aahs from people passing by.

Poor Andy has been so busy this summer with his parents' house that he has missed out on a few of our adventures, but that project, that I jokingly and lovingly call "Habitat for Humanity", will be wrapping up soon. We are trying to plan a weekend getaway for our six year anniversary in October. I am also trying to talk him into a Disney trip for early next year because Laney is completely fascinated with all the Disney Princesses. He is not all that jazzed with that idea, but I am sure us girls will get him to come around. ( ;

Well, I must be wrapping up due to the fact that Leah is trying to help me blog! Enjoy the rest of your summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment